[Primary] Sample Composition - An Encouragement

 Write a composition of at least 150 words about an encouragement


The pictures are provided to help you think about this topic. Your composition should be based on one or more of these pictures.


Consider the following points when your plan your composition: 


  • How were you encouraged?

  • What effect did the encouragement have on you? 


You may use the points in any order and include other relevant points as well.


f06080f2732ef89945a4b1d3934f49fa.jpg

“A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.” 

In life, there will always be many hurdles that we need to overcome or failures that we need to learn from. Although there are times that we may be faced with impossible situations, a little encouragement from a family member or friend will definitely go a long way. To this day, I still remember one such time during my primary school days when I received encouragement during my difficult times and that changed everything for me.

Cycling was, in fact, a favourite sport for everyone in my class. My peers could not only cycle but they could also perform stunts that would gather applause and gain appreciation. I was the only one who did not know how to cycle and that caused me to be the subject of mockery for my classmates. They jeered at me for not being able to cycle and I loathed that. However...

I had a secret. I had a phobia. Cyclophobia!

Horrifying scenes of cuts and bruises dotting my body flashed across my mind at the mere thought of cycling. The very thought in itself made my heart palpitate wildly and caused me to wince. Taking a deep breath, I decided that it was about time I faced my fears as I no longer was able to withstand the teasing from my peers, A fire burned within me as I wanted to show everyone that they were wrong about me.

After a dreaded day at school of having been teased again, I trudged home. A thought popped out in my mind. I made a beeline straight to my unsuspecting father who was seated idly on the sofa reading the newspapers.

“Dad?” I asked hesitantly.

“Hmm? Yes, son?” he said, looking up from the newspapers.

“I want to learn how to ride a bicycle,” I asked enthusiastically.

“Really? Of course! Let’s go to the East Coast Park tomorrow as it’s the weekend,” Dad remarked, with a broad grin plastered on his face. It was as if he had been wishing for a long time, hoping for me to ask him.

The next day, Dad drove me to East Coast Park. It was still sunny when we arrived. Light shone through the canopy of leaves and the birds’ merry chirpings filled the tranquil air. Many people were exercising, be it cycling or jogging. Without wasting any time, Dad rented a bicycle and took me to the cycling path that he seemed familiar with.

“Once you mount the bicycle, start pedalling and do not stop. I will support you from behind,” Dad instructed me, wearing a serious expression on his face. I mounted the bicycle. A million negative thoughts assailed my mind. What if I fall? What if I could never cycle? Would I get badly hurt and bleed?

“I will gently push you when you are ready,” Dad interrupted my thoughts in a reassuring tone. 

“Ready, get set… go!” he said in a loud voice, pushing the bicycle forward lightly. I started to pedal but soon lost my balance and fell heavily onto the ground with a loud thud.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Tips For Parents When Your Child Does Not Do Well For Exams

5 Ways for Dads To Bond With Baby

3 Simple Science Experiments You Can Do At Home